A fire has destroyed a furniture workshop and an auto spare parts building in Ladipo market, Mushin Local Government Area, Lagos State.
The fire erupted in the furniture workshop on Sunday night and, according to emergency responders, lasted until Monday morning, impacting the spare parts building.
“A fire outbreak at 85, Ladipo Street by Fatai Atere Road Ladipo Market since 11:00 yesterday involving a 3 Storey building has continued to rage till now.
“The Security fortification of the building has created a serious obstruction to access the building which has already shown signs of safety concerns.
“The fire was said to have started at a furniture workshop behind the building with an electrical spark at about 10:45 p.m,” a statement by the rescue operators read in part.
The neighbours stated they were oblivious that the spark could have caused a fire, and that by the time they realised the full extent of the fire, they were unable to control it.
The fire had spread throughout the three-story building when firefighters arrived.
The Nigerian Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), the State Fire and Federal Fire Services Service, and the police are all on the site.
As of now, no casualties have been reported, and activities are still ongoing.