Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin made news recently for gifting Nollywood actor, Clems Ohameze N8 million naira for a surgery he needed.
However, many people do not know a lot about this philanthropist pastor. That being said, we have compiled a list of 10 things that you might not have stumbled across when you read the news on his recent philanthropist work.
- Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin is the founder and senior pastor of Christ Mercyland Deliverance Ministry (CMDM) located in Warri, Delta State, Nigeria.
- He was born in Burutu, Warri, Delta State, Nigeria on 15 February 1971 into a polygamous home and is the 22nd child out of his father’s 36 children.
- Fufeyin is married to Anthonia Fufeyin and together, they have four children together; Harriet, Kindness, Goodness, and Happiness.
- Before he became a pastor, he ran a slew of businesses. He started off as a Nollywood film exhibitor, a role which had him touring different communities in Nigeria to project films. Also, he opened small businesses such as a mini supermarket and a pharmacy to make extra profits. He also reportedly influenced the introduction of mobile phones to his community and pioneered the use of motorcycles as a commercial business in his local government area.
- The pastor is known for his very public charitable acts, as well as his ministry’s focus on demons and “deliverance”. During the lockdown, the prophet gave his church members over 25 million naira to his church workers and members to alleviate the crisis of the Covid-19 lockdown. True to his generous nature, he gifted the Delta State Government, with trailer trucks that were completely supplied with perishable food products worth over 50 million Naira. Through his social media pages, he gave away over 250 million naira to his followers during the 2021 lockdown.
- Before starting his church, he served as a home fellowship coordinator for Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, where he ministered to a small Christian fellowship.
- His church, Christ Mercyland Deliverance Ministries, is one of Nigeria’s largest, with a congregation of over 100,000 people and a multibillion-naira auditorium under construction on a 16-hectare plot of land. Mercy TV, the church’s television channel, broadcasts to thousands of people around the world.
- A major controversy surrounding Omoto is whether or not he should be referred to as TB Joshua’s first son. According to reports, he refers to himself as Senior Prophet TB Joshua’s first son. As a result, his congregants and outsiders began to refer to him as Warri TB Joshua, First Son of TB Joshua, and Niger Delta TB Joshua. He, on the other hand, disputed these titles, claiming that he had never referred to himself as TB Joshua’s first son. He went on to say that he holds prophet TB Joshua in the same regard as any other servant of the Most High God.
- Prophet Jeremiah Omoto has a private jet which enables him travel across Africa, Asia, Europe, and America for his ministerial duties. He has also received criticism for his array of cars and expensive house.
- He is fondly called Papa, The Tireless General, The Dancing Prophet by the members of his church.
For people trying to get in contact with Prophet Jeremiah Omoto, it is imperative to ensure your source is credible as many have fallen into traps of scammers. You can get across to the pastor through the official website of his church.
Christ Mercyland Deliverance Ministry
Address: Km 5, Effurun-Sapele, Express way, Effurun-Warri, Delta State, Nigeria
Phone: +2347006372988, +2348148031476